Looking to keep your kids busy, focused, and learning over the next few weeks? We are taking a number of our in-studio programs and making them available virtually so students and participate from the comfort and safety of their own home. Each class is 90 minutes.
- 3 day classes are $60
- 5 day classes are $100
Open to Kids
Virtual Classes are conducted with a live instructor using video-conferencing technology with small class sizes. Students will be emailed worksheets which can be printed and used in the class.
Variety of programs including:
- Video Game Design – Two programs are offered: Beginner Program (age 8 – 10) and Intermediate (age 11+). Both programs follow a detailed lesson plan where students learn about video games, create their own sprites and graphics, and construct their video game.
- 3D Design – Student learn the fundamentals of 3D design using an easy to use 3D modelling platform. Students work through a project each class.
- Lego Digital Design – is your child interested in building with Lego? Expand their skills by introducing them to the world of designing Lego creations digitally.
- Python – an introductory course that covers the fundamentals of coding and programming in Python. Students work through a series of exercises each day that leads up to the development of a stand-alone program.
- Parent / Child (NEW) – looking for a hands-on activity to participate with your child on a Saturday morning? Join us for a fun 90 minute class of Video Game Design. The child must be between 5 – 7 years of age. Parents are required to attend the class to ensure the best experience for the child using the virtual learning technology.
The program is conducted via video conference so the PC (laptop or desktop) should be equipped with a forward-facing camera and a mic. You child may also prefer a mouse. Check the PC requirements below.
We’ve designed our programs to be interactive, fun, and engaging. Parents/students will be emailed a link to log-into the class at their scheduled time. A parent should be available to assist, at least for the initial class. For best results, we highly recommend a laptop (or desktop) equipped with a camera for video-conferencing. The instructor will share their screen via video-conferencing and students will have the opportunity to complete their work on their PC.
Our teaching curriculum, class structure, and materials and similar to what is used in the studio. Our instructors present the content at the start of each session and lead students through a series of exercises. Students have sufficient time to complete their project tasks and help is provided as needed. Depending on the program, students may be supplied Class Codes to log-in to platforms used. Students will have full access to the platforms used for the week while others have unlimited access and never expire.
A few days before the session is to begin, parents/students will be emailed instructions to ensure an enjoyable experience for all.
UPDATE: The 5-day Video Game Design (10:30 – 12 noon, 8 – 10 yrs) and the (3 – 4:30 pm, 11+) classes are BOTH SOLD OUT. We’ve added another 3-day class starting on Wed April 1 from 4:30 – 6 pm. We have 3 spots for that.
We will be launching new programs shortly for next week! Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.