Will drones be the future for small package delivery? Companies like Amazon, FedEx, UPS, Dominos’s Pizza think so and are investing heavily to test and commercialize this new technology.
What is EnvisionAir?
EnvisionAir is unlike any program available in the market today. We go well beyond the traditional “Learn to Fly a Drone” program by inspiring kids to program their drones to deliver a payload and payload system designed and created by them using 3D printer technologies. Our drone programs combine drones, 3D Design, 3D Printing, and coding.
Level I of EnvisionAir program consists of 8 Classes where students will:
- Learn about drone fundamentals including how drones fly, how drones are being used around the World for different applications, drone safety and local regulations
- Learn to safely control their drone using manual control and coding
- Learn to 3D design a drone platform and payload taking into account the factors that affect drone flight and control
- Learn to 3D print their platform and payload using various 3D printers
- Learn to code their drone using coding
- Run different missions / simulations to advance their drone coding skills
- Have fun working with this emerging technology
We use 3 different DJI drones platforms in the program including the Tello, RoboMaster TT, and Mini SE.
What skills to students learn?
Our programs are applied and packed with learning. Students begin by learning basic drone control and safety with lots of time flying their drones. Once they have mastered basic drone control they move to more advanced concepts and exercises that involve 3D design, 3D printing, and simulations with more advanced complexity.
Our aim is to align their learning with practical applications and uses in the real world. We want them to become problem solvers equipped with new tools .
Do students keep their 3D designed/printed parts and components?
Yes! Anything that students create here using 3D printers is theirs to keep.
What age group?
This program is open to students age 10 – 13 yrs.
What is the cost? How many students? What do the students need to bring?
Each class is instructor-led and enrollment is limited to 3 students per class. Each Part consists of 8 classes that are 90 minutes each and the cost is $370 + HST. Envision supplies all the equipment (i.e., drones, tablets, 3D printer, and other technologies. Students do not need to bring anything!
- New session starting Wednesday, May 10 – June 28, 6- 7-:30 pm.