Register Below to Attend Our Fall Classes.
What is our Applied Robotics I program about?
Our program is an excellent introduction to STEM, robotics, and programming for kids that are 5 – 8 yrs of age. Students learn simplified engineering and science concepts while gaining hands-on experience building and coding their robot to complete challenges. We use the Lego WeDo 2.0 robotics platform which uses Lego’s proprietary visual “drag-and-drop” programming interface. Each class students build a different robot and learn different STEM, programming and coding concepts. It’s fun and engaging!
We have 10 Levels each consisting of 8 Classes. Each Level runs approximately 2 months. Most students start at Level 100. However, if a students has prior robotics experience or is 8 they may be eligible to start at a higher level.
What does the term “applied robotics” mean?
Our belief is kids learn more when there is purpose to what they are doing. Each class focuses on different STEM and coding concepts where they learn to build and code their robot to complete challenges. All building is visual helping students build problem solving, critical thinking and visualization skills. It’s a well balanced program where students have fun, keep engaged, and build skills.
What is the structure of a typical class?
Each student is assigned their own workstation and equipment (i.e., laptop/tablet, robot kit, etc.). Students work at their own pace building & coding their robot, completing challenges, with hands-on assistance from Instructors and staff. The typical structure of a 90 class is:
- STEM and coding concepts review (15 min)
- Build robot (45 min)
- Program robot (20 min)
- Complete challenges (10 min)
Each class students build a different robot based on the focus of the lesson. Example STEM lessons include: learning about elephants and building and coding an elephant robot to pull objects, building a centrifuge robot and learning about centrifugal force, building a parking gate and using the motion sensor to activate the gate when a car pulls up. We have over 140 different robots designs to keep kids engaged and learning!
What skills to students learn?
We are an enrichment to concepts taught in elementary schools by focusing on hands-on application. Students enrolled in our program build STEM skills, robotics, coding, and 21st. Century skills.
What age group?
This program is open to students age 5 – 8 yrs. If your child is almost 9 yrs old you may want to consider the program for students 9+.
What is the cost? What do the students need to bring?
Each Level is 8 consecutive weekly classes that are 90 minutes each.
The cost for each Level is $340 + HST. Sibling discount of 10%. Use sibling discount code: sibling34 in the checkout.
Envision supplies the robot platform, tablets, laptops, all other equipment and technology. Students do not need to bring anything!
HOW ENROLLMENT WORKS
Enrollment is rolling allowing students to start anytime as long as we have space at the Studio. Space shown below is the available space at the Studio that is shared across our programs. This space is open to both new students and those moving up in a level. To register, select your preferred time-slot from the drop-down below. We’ll schedule you to start the next upcoming week. Contact us if have a desire to start on a particular date.
FALL REGISTRATION is OPEN
- Monday: 4:30 – 6:00 pm [3 spots starting October 17, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Tuesday: 4:30 – 6:00 pm [3 spots starting October 11, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Tuesday: 6:00 – 7:30 pm [5 spots starting October 11, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Wednesday: 4:30 – 6:00 pm [3 spots starting October 5, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Wednesday: 6:00 – 7:30 pm [4spots starting October 5, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Thursday: 4:30 – 6:00 pm [5 spots starting October 6, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Thursday: 6:00 – 7:30 pm [5 spots starting October 13, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Saturday: 9:00 – 10:30 am [5 spots starting October 8, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Saturday: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm [5 spots starting October 8, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Saturday: 1:00 – 2:30 pm [5 spots starting October 8, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
- Saturday: 3:00 – 4:30 pm [5 spots starting October 8, 8220 Bayview Ave Location]
All spots are first come first serve. Select your timeslot using the drop-down below.