March Break – Top 10 Recommended Activities
The March Break is almost upon us and chances are you’re wondering what’s going on for March Break in the Thornhill, Markham, and GTA. Have no fear, I’ve listed a few of my favourite March Break activities and events worth checking to.
1. Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre
Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre – If you’re looking to get out of the cold and expose your children to the mysterious wonders of reptiles, amphibians, and everything slithery, then Reptilia is a must! We enjoy taking the kids here on the weekend. For more on Reptilia click HERE
2. Ontario Science Centre
Ontario Science Centre – Long before STEM Education became popularized, the Ontario Science Center has been promoting lifelong learning with a focus on science and innovation through world-class exhibitions and experiences for children. We recommend the IMAX® Dome Film “Journey to Space” where children will lean about NASA’s exciting plans and the many challenges they must overcome to land astronauts on Mars. For more on the Ontario Science Centre click HERE.
3. David Dunlap Observatory
- David Dunlap Observatory – since we are on the theme of space….another great place to take you children is the David Dunlap Observatory. Families are able to explore the greatness astronomy has to offer via their indoor planetarium. Kids seem to love space and our robotics lesson “Mission to Mars” always produces a lot of smiles! For more information click HERE
4. LEGOLAND Discovery Center Toronto
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Toronto – We are a lover of all things Lego, especially Lego Robotics, and we know a weekend trip to LegoLand is something your kids will definitely enjoy. To celebrate the launch of The Lego Movie 2, Legoland will be hosting Event Weekends where kids will be able to enjoy a variety of activities including meeting characters, creative builds such as an Escape Vehicle, photo cops and more. For information on Legoland click HERE
5. Toogood Pond Park
- Toogood Pond Park – Located, in Unionville, it is considered #1 of the top 18 things to do in Markham according to TripAdvisor. The pond area is beautiful this time of year and kids playing in and around the walkway. After your stroll, grab a cup of hot chocolate for the kids at any of the quaint restaurants around town. For more information, click HERE
6. Ninjaz Canada
- Ninjaz Canada – worried that your kids might start climbing the walls if they have nothing to do over the March Break? Why not take them to Ninjaz Canada to help them burn off a little energy. Inspired by the popular TV show American Ninja Warrior, Ninjaz Canada has recreated a course that will inspire and challenge kids. For more information on Ninjaz Canada click HERE.
7. York Farmers Market
- York Farmers Market – We’ve been taking our kids to the York Farmers Market ever since we discovered it about 5 years ago. We love going there in the spring when the market features plants and shrubs for sale. With time on your hands over the March break venture on in to check out some of the merchants such as Hansen’s Danish Bakery, Cobs Bakery, Stuart Carroll’s Quality Meats, Reesor’s Organics and Fine Cheese Shop, and many more. To locate the York Farmers Market click HERE.
8. German Mills Settlers Creek Park
German Mills Settlers Creek Park – Located just steps away from our Studio, the park is a wonderful place to take the kids for an adventure walk. A recently completed infrastructure project has improved an already beautiful park. Click HERE for more information.
9. Local Restaurants
Restaurants – too tired to cook dinner, why not try two of our favourite places. Kinton Ramen and The Congee Queen. Both are very busy with fast, excellent service and high-quality food!
10. World Of Circus
Wonderful World of Circus – if Ninjaz is a little too far out of the way, give the Wonderful World of Circus a try. They are located just a short distance East of our Studio. Over the summer we got to meet a number of their senior staff and they have amazing programs for kids. They’ve been training and entertaining kids for 23 years and is a real gem. Click HERE for more.
Of course – if you are looking for a camp we have you covered as well. For more information on our exciting March Break robotics, coding, 3D design and printing camps click HERE.
Do you have a question about our classes?
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!